To start with it is important to understand the terms used for defining a pair of sunglasses. These are as follows:
- Eye Size – this refers to the horizontal width of the lens in the sunglasses frame expressed in millimeters;
- Bridge Size – this refers to the distance between two lenses at the narrowest point expressed (again) in millimeters;
- End Piece – this refers to the hinges and their attachment points on the sunglasses frame, expressed in millimeters;
- Temple Size – this refers to the length of the temple (the arms which go back on the side of your head towards the ear), from one end to the other, including the bend, expressed in millimeters;
- Vertical Size – this refers to the vertical height of the sunglasses lens measured from the bottom to the top of the lens expressed in milimeters.