The Ranger Falcon Sport Frame
Shooters who are serious about the quality of their vision depend on handcrafted Randolph Shooting Glasses to perform, no matter the goal.
The Randolph Falcon Sport shooting glasses were designed by the shooting industry's top opticians and combine optical performance, sleek design and an angular lens shape to reduce fogging and overall weight.
This is Randolph's most progressive frame ever! The culmination of months of field testing, shooter feedback and time in the RE RANGER Product Development Lab, this new frame arms the shooter with a larger field of view, less visual distractions through the nose bridge, greater adjustability, ventilation control and unmatched comfort.
- You will love the new aerodynamic lens shape which covers a larger area of your face thereby creating a larger field of view;
- Add to that the new minimalist nose piece which provides an obstruction free field of view;
- Even more, the air-filled silicon nose pads compress and expand when needed to provide added comfort and a custom fit.;
- You will also like the bendable "flexi-tips" for effortless adjustment for your best fit.
Named after the legendary F-16 Fighting Falcon, an American fighter jet known for having a cockpit with an exceptional field of view, the Falcon's shield design allows shooters an exceptional view of their target with remarkable optical clarity.
- New aerodynamic stylish lens shape covers a larger overall surface area on your face and creates a larger field of view (9mm increase in the distance from the nose bridge to the top of the lens);
- New soft silicon filament brow bar (clear for increased visibility), is positioned parallel to the lens (vs. high above the frame) and provides ergonomically optimal spacing between the lens and forehead to create a more dependable anchor point to your face;
- This new brow bar also controls ventilation and decreases your chances of fogging while helping to avert perspiration;
- New custom designed minimalist nose piece allows for a better field of view with virtually zero visual obstruction;
- New air-filled silicon nose pads compress and expand when needed, to provide added comfort and custom fit;
- New bendable 'flexi-tips' provide effortless adjustment to further secure the frame to your face;
- Available in two jewelry-quality electroplated frame metal finishes for the highest levels of durability and dependability;
- The package includes RANGER FALCON SPORT frame, micro-fiber carrying pouch, Maintenance Kit, cleaning cloth, and semi-rigid nylon carrying case;
- A premium case with lens storage for up to 3 lenses is included with purchase.
Made In The USA
Every pair of Randolph Ranger Falcon Spor shooting glasses are handcrafted in the USA using the finest materials in the world by skilled craftsmen.
Each pair goes through over 200 individual manufacturing operations, many by hand. Randolph Engineering will not compromise quality even when it comes to selecting something as small as the lens screw.
The frames provide unequaled strength through the use of specially manufactured solder flux allowing Randolph Engineering to offer a solder joint lifetime guarantee!
Ranger Falcon Sport Lenses
Ranger shooting glasses lenses provide 100% protection from harmful UV radiation and are molded above industry standard thickness for your protection.
Randolph's dedication to lens quality ensures their lenses provide the best optical definition and clarity.Unlike other shooting glasses, Ranger shooting glasses are made with distortion-free optical-grade polycarbonate.
This gives you the level of protection you need while not compromising the quality of your vision. Utilizing the next generation in lens technology, Ranger EDGE shooting glasses have NexPC Lens Technology which is the next revolution in polycarbonate lenses.
The NexPC lens is 5 to 6 times more impact resistant than standard polycarbonate lenses with the same professional grade optics.
The 7th Commandment Of Shooting Safety
Always wear eye and ear protection when shooting.
According to Remington's 10 Commandments of Firearm Safety: Your sight and hearing risk injury from shooting and should be protected at all times.
"Wear protective shooting glasses to guard against falling shot, clay target chips, powder residue, ruptured cartridge cases and even twigs and branches in the field. Also be sure to wear eye protection when you're disassembling or cleaning a gun so that tensioned parts (like springs) and cleaning solvents don't come in contact with your eyes."
Why Proper Eye Shooting Protection?
No matter where you are shooting - at the range or in the field - proper eye protection is essential. Shooting a gun takes place in close proximity to the face which presents a number of risks for eye injury:
- Flying objects like ejecting shells, etc.;
While a good pair of sunglasses are better than nothing, you will always be better off with a great pair of specially designed protective glasses for shooting activities.
Things To Look For In Shooting Glasses
When you are looking for a quality pair of shooting glasses what should you consider? Use the following to make an informed choice:
- Lens - for shooting polycarbonate lenses are the best material available today, and the NexPC sets the industry standard;
- Lens impact resistance - this is the most important consideration of all. This means making sure that the lens meets or exceeds the ANSI Z87.1 and Z87.3 standards;
- Lens UV protection - to provide adequate protection your shooting glasses should absorb 98 to 100% of harmful ultraviolet light radiation;
- Lens coverage - the lens should adequately cover enough of your eye area to provide proper protection;
- Lens color - this is really your personal choice; however, consider the following:
- Medium yellow, vermilion or dark purple tints are effective at blocking glare without changing color perception and good for bright light conditions;
- Medium yellow, vermilion or CMT - especially good for shooting against green backgrounds;
- Pale yellow, medium yellow or copper polarized - these tints will improve contrast and give your eyes a sensation of heightened visual acuity;
- Medium yellow, vermillion or copper polarized - are good for enhancing the orange of the target against a background of trees.
- Frames - the frame should be constructed of lightweight materials like plastic, aluminum or titanium;
- Interchangeable lenses - allows you to use a variety of lens tints depending upon the conditions your are shooting under.