How To Replace Plastic Bayonet Tips
How to replace the plastic bayonet tips on your AO or Randolph sunglasses:
First, you need to remove the existing plastic tips:
- First, use a hair dryer or warm water to warm up the plastic temples. You only need to heat them up so that they are warm and NOT hot!
- Next, use a pair of pliers to gently pull the old tips smoothly off the arms.
- Once you have the old tips off clean the temples (arms) to remove any debris, discoloration or gunk that remain on them.
Next, install the brand-new plastic bayonet tips:
- First, put some Windex (or soap and water) on the first part of the temple (arm).
- Hold the temple (arm) close to the end but further down than where the plastic tip ends.
- Carefully slide the plastic bayonet tip onto the temple, gently twisting and pushing it until the temple is fully installed.
- Last, gently heat the tips again to harden them to the temples.
- This would be a great time to adjust the temples for a good fit to your head.
If it helps you can watch a good video on YouTube:
I hope this works well for you.
In the meantime, keep your eyes safe and focused on what's ahead of you Hersch!