There is no comparison between glass lenses and the other options available for sunglasses.
As pilot in command when I fly I am responsible for the "See And Avoid" dicatate by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
This is a very heavy responsibility and one not to be taken lightly.
In fact the FAA has issued an Advisory Circular AC_90-48D on this important issue.
This is why your sunglass lenses are important to you if you are a pilot!
Randolph SkyTec™ Lenses
Randolph sunglasses come with 3 different lens materials:
- SkyTec™ Mineral Glass Lenses
- SkyForce™ Lite Lenses
- SkyForce™ Gradient Lenses
Far and away in popularity are the SkyTec™ Mineral Glass Lenses. These are the very same lenses that were developed to meet U.S. DoD requirements and are standard issue to the US Military since 1978.
Each pair are individually ground and polished to the exacting standards of a camera lens. These lenses provide the absolute clearest optics possible with maximum scratch-resistance.
The Benefits of Randolph SkyTec™ Lenses
- Randolph Vector™ Optical Coating - stops harmful glare from behind
- Randolph Blue Wave™ Technology - filters damaging 'blue light' to preserve eye health
- 100% UVA/UVB Protection - complete defense from harmful UV rays
- Infrared Rays (IR) Management - eliminates dry eye conditions or tired eyes
- Visual Light Transmission - the percentage of light allowed to pass through the lens
- Drop-Ball Tested - tested to original military specifications with a 5/8 inch steel ball
In addition these lenses are offered in 3 basic lens colors.
- American Gray
- Our signature neutral gray lens, originally engineered for military pilots. Maintains ‘true’ color and contrast distribution throughout all light and terrain conditions.
- American Tan
- Provides contrast enhancement and depth perception superior to other lens colors for a sharp and crisp view, even on cloudy days.
- This ‘relaxing’ green lens selectively highlights the soothing green/yellow wavelengths of the light spectrum to reduce eye fatigue and improve visual performance.
The SkyTec™ Difference Video:
Randolph Aviator Sunglasses
Check out our Randolph Aviator Sunglasses today!
Have a prosperous day!
ps: Please share "Randolph Engineering SkyTec™ Mineral Glass Lenses" on social media if you enjoyed this post.